Saturday 25 February 2012

More scarves and wrist-warmers!!

Oh well, I know I said no more knitting scarves or wrist warmers after knitting them for me, Mum and my sister but my little niece kept trying them all on and complaining about the unfairness of them all being too big for her! She must have told me a hundred times how much she wanted them and how turquoise was her favourite colour, so yesterday I trawled Bury Market , and found turquoise wool! Today Geordie was fixing a neighbours car so I sat and watched Kirstie's Handmade Britain on Sky+, which I love, and knitted little girl versions of my scarflette and mittens.
I haven't sewn them up yet but here they are next to my 'big girl' version. I hope she likes them. The turquoise is a bit more vibrant than it looks on the picture and I know nine year olds can be flipping fussy, so fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh these are so sweet! I bet she loved them. Gorgeous colour. Next time I'm on Ravelry I will check out your pattern. By the way, thanks for visiting my blog - so glad I found yours :) Maggie xx ps Spencer the pup says a woofy hello!

    ReplyDelete