Saturday 17 March 2012

Mothers Day Pressie.

Once again I have copied been inspired by Lucy on Attic 24 to make this brooch. I have loved it since I first saw it and decided to make one for my Mum for Mothers Day. She has a lovely purple coat so I decided to make orange, pink and turquoise flowers to set it off. My Mum was a hippy in the 60's and loves her bright colours....here is the end result:-

Like Lucy's I sewed a brooch pin on the back.....

  
and then of course I had to try it out.....


I'm really pleased with how it turned out and it was so quick and simple. I might have to make one for myself now.
I also finally got around to delivering the mini-scarflette and mittens to my nine year old niece. I had some of the little flowers I'd made when practising the flower brooch and of course we decided they looked really cute sewn on to the mittens and scarf.....

 
I had a lovely day in town today shopping with my friend Ms V. We of course started off in Cath Kidston where we were looking at all the beautiful fabrics and planning bunting for a baby shower she is crafting for. We saw some gorgeous Orla Kiely stuff which I love (but is way out of my price range) and then on to Monsoon where I bought this top with a £25 voucher I had been given. The top was £26 and it felt fab to be having it all wrapped in tissue and put in a lovely bag and just handing over £1. Tee hee!


The day was rounded off with Primark where we saw some gorgeous tea towels for £1.20 each. I bought these two.....

and I think I might make bunting out of these, or a cushion cover, or an apron, I haven't decided yet. I also got these sweet little 'footsies' for wearing in my ballet shoes-£1.50 for 2 pairs-a bargain!



No antiques or vintage finds yet this weekend but there's still tomorrow! :-)
xx



4 comments:

  1. Some lovely buys. Who'd've thought those teatowels were from Primark! That brooch is very cute and colourful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your Mum will be so thrilled when she receives your lovely brooch :) Those 'footsies' are so pretty! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again - I've tagged you over on my blog to do the High School Playist - go take a look. Hope you don't mind xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that brooch is so cute :) Would really like if you checked out my blog...maybe follow :)x

    pretty-quirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete